Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Reading Notes: King Arthur, Part B

Image result for excalibur king arthur
(Statue of Excalibur, Kingston Maurward: Wikimedia Commons)

I like how the knight knows he’s not the best but basically says “Screw it” and puts the shield on anyways.

I wonder why the mysterious knight had to hurt him in order to get the shield from him. He proved his point, but I feel like he could have done it a different way.

I feel bad for Lancelot. I don’t know much about him, but he seems like a good guy. I like how he realizes the errors of his ways though.

I am not a fan of the part with Sir Percivale. There isn’t really anything exciting and I found myself bored the whole time. I won’t be retelling this part of the story.

It’s interesting how Lancelot keeps getting reminded how he is pretty much not fit to seek holy things. Once again, I feel bad for him, but he needs to start changing his ways.

 I like the mysterious aspect that this story includes with the random voices, visions, and other weird occurrences. I could try to incorporate this into my own retelling.

Sir Bors is a nice contrast to the other knights because he is cleansed of his sins and is trying to change his ways. I feel like he will definitely make it to the end.


I think it’s weird how Galahad doesn’t ask any questions, but blindly follows this random woman. I would like these guys to be a little harder to persuade. It seems like he heard her say the word adventure and he didn’t care what else came after it.

I like how some of the knights get reunited. It is nice to see them with so much joy when seeing each other for the first time in a while.

It’s sad how the voice tells Galahad and Lancelot that they will never see each other again. This is probably especially hard for Lancelot since Galahad is his son.

Although I like the dramatic and intense ending, I didn’t really like part B as a whole. Part A was a lot better in my opinion so I will probably choose to retell something from that section. 

Bibliography: King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table by Andrew Lang, illustrated by H. J. Ford (1902).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Canvas Profile

I changed my display name in Canvas because I do not go by my first name. I chose the picture I did for my avatar because it is one of the o...