Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 8 Reading and Writing


Image result for the fast and the furious
(The Fast and the Furious, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker: BagoGames, Flickr)


I feel as though the reading and writing assignments are helping me be more creative in my own writing as well as other areas of my life. My favorite reading has been The Iliad because it was a story I already knew and loved from the movie Troy. Being able to see the story from a written perspective was a cool experience for me. It also gave me numerous options for my retelling because there are so many good parts of the story that can be altered for new versions. My reading notes have been helping me mostly by basically deciding which part of the story I'm going to retell. While I'm writing the notes, I realize that a certain part would be perfect for my writing style and I choose it to retell. So far, I am happy with how my portfolio is turning out. It flows smoothly and the color schemes I am using work nicely for it. I think my story, "You Never Had Me", has been my biggest accomplishment in my writing because it was the first time in a long time that I actually had fun writing something. This story was extremely fun tow write and I feel like it turned out pretty good.

I chose the image of Paul Walker and Vin Diesel because it is a reminded of my story, "You Never Had Me." This was by far the most fun I have had with writing so I wanted to include this image again.

In the future of this class, I think I would want to make my stories a little longer. I feel like I would get more out of this because some of my stories are ended abruptly or have potential to keep going. I will try to make my future stories longer if I believe it will make them better overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Tip: Canvas Profile

I changed my display name in Canvas because I do not go by my first name. I chose the picture I did for my avatar because it is one of the o...